CCTV with its short name and long name “Closed Circuit Television”, CCTV camera system, which means closed-circuit television with its Urdu translation, can be defined as transferring the images taken by the cameras to the screen by wired or wireless transmission. CCTV camera systems are said to be closed, and unlike any TV broadcast, they only watch the broadcast from certain devices. Now the CCTV system is used in government as well as home and workplace security.
At first, the CCTV system was monitored by connecting the video inputs of existing televisions with coaxial cable, that is, antenna cables are known to our happily, of the cameras we call analog. But more than one camera started to get into the business and it started to become widespread with DVR devices. Homes and workplaces are now safe with 4-input, 8-input and 16-input camera systems. Analog cameras and analog DVR would be very old and digitalized.
Over time, analog cameras have been included in networks formed at home or workplaces with a network, that is, a switch or a hub, and the DVR system has now been used in local networks, which we call LAN, that is, home or business network. Over time, Analog Cameras gave way to IP cameras. Now, IP, that is, including it in our networks at home or at work, has become even easier by giving an IP address when setting up.
Later, in an advanced CCTV system, IP cameras were connected to the network via wired or wireless options, and they were easily installed in homes or workplaces. As the number of cameras increased, NVR (Network Video Recorder) systems began to appear instead of DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) . NVR systems, on the other hand, took the CCTV system to a higher level. Because the DVR system was a little slow to use the images taken from the many cameras faster and more comprehensively, and NVR systems were doing this job very well. Now, places such as large-scale companies and many customers (such as Metro and AVM) use these systems.
What are CCTV Camera System Usage Areas?
If we count the usage areas of CCTV systems in general;
- Traffic monitoring and management,
- Control of product count and quality in manufacturing companies,
- Increasing the quality of transportation (ensuring safety in public transportation such as minibuses)
- Prevention of accidents and reckless behavior
- Detection of malicious people (finding criminals with face scanning feature)
- Cinema, theatre, conference halls etc. to be monitored and recorded from various points of view in various areas.
- Provides outdoor security day and night with different techniques (such as motion detection, sound detection),
- Warning of diseases by measuring body temperature. (Many Metro and AVM are also used for Covid-19)
- Monitoring crowded streets, playgrounds or squares in city centers,
- Using for security and control purposes in crowded and accident-prone areas such as swimming pools, zoos, amusement parks,
- Monitoring home and work remotely (such as monitoring babysitters at nurseries or homes)
What are the types of CCTV cameras?
The use of different types of cameras according to the purpose and location of CCTV camera systems is also an important issue. Sometimes, an expert’s support is important to answer the questions of whether to choose a DVR or NVR or which camera system is better or which camera brand is better.
The main types of CCTV cameras currently on the market are as follows;
- Dome CCTV Camera is used for indoor and narrow spaces.
- Bullet CCTV Camera provides long-distance viewing.
- C-Mount CCTV Camera, the camera lens is removable. Different lenses can be attached according to the usage area and purpose.
- High Definition CCTV Camera allows you to get HD quality images. The image is not distorted even when zoomed in. For this reason, it is preferred in areas where security is important such as banks, official institutions and the military.
- Thermal Camera measures body temperature.
- Infrared/Night Vision CCTV Camera provides clear images in dark or dim areas.
- Day-Night CCTV Camera adjusts the clarity of the captured image according to the light condition.
- IP CCTV Camera transmits images over a network with CAT5 or CAT 6 cables.
- Wireless CCTV Camera offers practical installation as there is no cable laying.
Remember that you are safer with CCTV camera systems.